Sunday, June 8, 2008

to the woman in line at kohl's this afternoon:


Next time, please read the fine print on your Kohl's Charge Scratch Off Event coupon. I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but the Kohl's Charge coupons are in fact only to be used on a Kohl's Charge purchase. Freaky, right? Handing me a coupon that I total in to your purchase - almost 400 dollars worth of clothing that you and your son probably didn't need - and then telling me that you don't have your charge on you, and then the system pretty much telling me that your account does not exist, indicates that you do not in fact HAVE a Kohl's Charge account. This in turn led you to tell me - somewhat abashedly, although not nearly enough to satisfy me - that you were planning on paying with a different card WHICH YOU ARE UNABLE TO RECIEVE THE AFOREMENTIONED KOHL'S CHARGE DISCOUNT ON. Yes, I did have to void out your entire 400 dollar purchase and re-enter every item on your receipt. And no matter how many times you stand there and say under your breath that 15 percent isn't a big deal, it's my job and paycheck that you are asking me to put on the line because you didn't use your common sense. So the old couple behind you that you kept apologizing to (who, you may want to know, actually had both a coupon and a Kohl's card) got an extra 10 percent coupon because you decided to make my life difficult today.

No comments: